Using This Music
The music (mp3 downloads) found on scottbuckley.com.au is made available under the Creative Commons ‘Attribution 4.0 International’ (CC BY 4.0) License (unless stated otherwise).
This means that you are free to adapt & use my music in your project, so long as I am credited as:
[Music by] or [Additional Music by] or [Track Title] by Scott Buckley – released under CC-BY 4.0. www.scottbuckley.com.au
Simply put – this means that the music in this library is FREE, even for commercial use, as long as attribution is given. See the Creative Commons BY License for more details.
Important info for YouTube users:
- Credits must be provided in the video description (not in the video itself)
- If you don’t do this, you will likely get a copyright claim on the video
But don’t worry! If you do receive a claim, please follow this quick guide to learn how to have the claim removed: Copyright Claims Release
- My music cannot be resold in isolation, and must be synchronised with other media (e.g. film).
- Remixes are possible with proper attribution, BUT the music CANNOT be submitted to audio fingerprinting services like YouTube Content ID & or Facebook via music distribution services such as Distrokid or Amuse.io. This is required to prevent illegal copyright claims against YouTube videos (and similar uses) using my CC-BY library music.
- Using my music in podcasts is perfectly fine and encouraged, with a stipulation that the work is not submitted to audio fingerprinting services like YouTube Content ID.
Please note: my orchestral remixes are not included as part of the Creative Commons library, as they contain copyrighted thematic material from the original composers. You may download and share the remixes, but if you decide to use a remix in a project, you do so at your own risk.
Using this music WITHOUT attribution
What if you are working on a project which cannot provide attribution (for instance, a TV advertisement)? In this instance, the CC-BY license does not apply, and you will need to buy a license.
The type of license you need will depend your project, and how to plan to use the music.