What data do I collect?
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone numbers, postal address)
- Project information (Project name, media type, website address, email address)
How do I collect your data?
In all instances, data is directly provided by you, the website user. I collect data and process data when you:
- Use the contact form to contact me
- Provide your email address to join the mailing list
- Use the music licensing form, or place an order for a music license using the web shop feature.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will I use your data?
I will collect your data so I can:
- Process your messages, and to process music licenses.
- Email you regarding new library music releases or information relating to my music business.
Your information will not be shared with any partner or third-party companies, and you will not receive any information about other products or services from other companies.
How do we store your data?
Your data provided through contact and licensing forms are stored in a WordPress installation on a secure server provided by Digital Pacific, who hosts this website. Your connection to the website is protected by SSL provided by Let’s Encrypt. Names and email addresses provided for the mailing list are kept by MailChimp.
Our company will keep personal data provided through the contact form for one (1) year, at which point your contact request will be deleted from the WordPress site. Information regarding active music licenses (invoices and license documents) are to be kept indefinitely on my personal computer, and backed up to a cloud-based server provided by Backblaze.
I am eager to send you information about new music I’ve created, or news or issues relating to my music library. If you have agreed to receive emails from me, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop me from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact me here.
What are your data protection rights?
I would like to make you fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request me for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request me to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that I erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to my processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that I transfer the data that I have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me here.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit my website, I may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
For futher information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however this website uses:
- WordPress cookies – to improve functionality and performance of the website
- PayPal cookies – to allow for shop functionality and connectivity with the PayPal payment system
- MailChimp cookies – providing functionality for the mailing list.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website above tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, there may be reduced functionality on this website as a result.
How to contact me
Email me at: scott – at – scottbuckley.com.au